Lexmark printer wont remove from the printers folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geeke19

Kinda of a 2part question.

I had a lexmark Z25 printer I uinstalled it but it says deleting in the printers folder, when I try to delete it, it says printer is currently in use. When its not even use even tried to delete it in safe mode no dice.

other problem is 3 users are on the computer they all have admin rights, hooked up a new printer Lexmark X125, on 2 users it will print but on one user it will not print it will just sit there then say document failed. When I go to the printers folder the Z25 print is still showing saying deleting. This has been going on for serveral weeks anybody know a way to fix this with out having to reformat.

thanks

You might have to do the UNinstall probably while logged in under every user, not just the admin.
Make the old Z25 the default printer. Use the uninstall from the Start/Programs/Lexmark printer menu. Disconnect the new printer while you do this, so USB will not be in use.
Check that the old printer is NOT shared in the printer settings, this might prevent uninstalling.

realblackstuff said:
You might have to do the UNinstall probably while logged in under every user, not just the admin.
Make the old Z25 the default printer. Use the uninstall from the Start/Programs/Lexmark printer menu. Disconnect the new printer while you do this, so USB will not be in use.
Check that the old printer is NOT shared in the printer settings, this might prevent uninstalling.

every user is the admin and I tired that still gives me the error

You can try to be a bit more drastic.
Make a System Restore point first.
Go to Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager or wherever that is in XP.
Set the switch to show Hidden Devices. Find the Z25, rightclick it and select Remove, Uninstall or Delete, whatever option it gives you.

Click on Start/Run and type in regedit and click OK.
Unless you know what you are doing, make a full backup/export first of the registry.
Click en Edit, select Find and type in Z25. Delete all references to it, by right-clicking them, and selecting Delete. That should get rid of them.
If you do anything wrong, you can always roll back to your System restore point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back