Lexmark X73 Printer Problem, urgent help needed, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is urgent because I have to print some things for my work, and I have no other print options at this time. I also don't have the money or ability, due to time constraints, to put my printer in the repairshop for lengthy amount of time.

I don't know how to post this thread to the Lexmark Forum, so if I need to do this, please direct me.

Here is a copy of what I sent to Lexmark for help. If anyone has some ideas please let me know. I can't see how to get the plastic opened up to look and see what is going on, so if you can tell me how to get a better view that would be great also.

Date: 01/02/05 10:24:11
To:
Subject: Re:Lexmark Technical Support (Req# 4E3C85242)

Thank you for your reply. Please let me specify that I initially put in a new inkjet cartridge, and I am hesitant to purchase another new one to try in case there is some other issue. These other possibilities are the things for which I am searching.

Again, I have always purchased "genuine" Lexmark ink cartridges, and this has not resolved the problem. I am in a bit of a dilemma because I need the printer to work for my work tomorrow.

To recap, when I clean the print nozzles, attempt to align, print a test page, or print something from my computer I am getting no color ink. On the test page the only part that prints is the black lexmark logo and not the colors around it that ususally print. Also, I cannot align the black cartridge because there is no color on the alignment page.

When I attempt to print only in black the quality of the print is poor. It is fuzzy around the edges.

Finally, I noticed on Wednesday evening when I was printing some papers for work that I had a little bit of pink, yellow, and blue around a logo that should not have been there. I thought it might have been related to the prompt that my black ink cartridge was low.

I have not received a message that my color cartridge was low, although I did change it to see if that would fix the problem. At the time I changed the cartridge I noticed the old cartridge had what appeared to be black or dark ink thickly pooled all over the bottom of the cartridge.

I am wondering if that cartridge leaked and something needs to be cleaned off in the color cartridge area in order for the color ink to get through for printing.

Unfortunately this is an urgent matter and I do not have the ability to leave my printer at a repairshop for lengthy amounts of time. I am requesting information on where to look to see if it needs to be cleaned and if necessary how I may carefully do this just to get the printer working on some level tonight.

I am also requesting any other thoughts about the problems. I hope I have left some good detailed information.

Thank you again in advance for your timely response and assistance.

Kristie

Thank you again, for anyone who can help out.

Hp printer problem

I just posted a similar problem 'solution', check it out, it might help you.
it's under 'other hardware' forum.. i hope it might be of some help to you.

franbarb

Lexmark X73 Color Cartridges defective? Printer prints black, use to print blurred co

I had the same thing happen to me. Bought a cartridge in Jan / Feb of 2005 for the x73.

Wonder if it's a problem with the cartridges and how they are made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back