TechSpot

Lexmark Z640 driver problem with Vista

By Hodsocks
Apr 10, 2007
  1. I don't know if any of you guys can help, Situation so far is new computer, new printer, drivers on CD for printer not working with vista. I have downloaded Vista driver from Lexmark site and installed them and they seemed to install Ok. The problem I am now having is that if I go to printers in control panel the printer shows up as "ready", as soon as I ask it to print a test page the printer goes offline and won't print, no error message, nothing. I have checked USB connections and they are Ok, I have tried to sort it out on the Lexmark site but it is just so painfully slow I gave up with it, hoping you guys can help.

My personal experience with Vista are not good so far, admittedly I have experience of only 5 machines, but 3 had problems with drivers and the other 2 crashed and would not boot into windows.
    All the machines I am building at the moment are with XP because I cannot recommend Vista at the moment.

2. Hodsocks

Hodsocks TS Guru Topic Starter Posts: 534

3. sad_daemon

sad_daemon TS Rookie

The File has moved!

You have to go to a new file location. I spent several days and about an hour on the phone with tech support before I figured it out.

4. sad_daemon

sad_daemon TS Rookie

The link has moved!

Sorry, I must post three times before they will let me put a link into the message.

5. sad_daemon

sad_daemon TS Rookie

The link has moved.

See below for valueable information.

6. sad_daemon

sad_daemon TS Rookie

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.