LG ditches Optimus branding with flagship G2 smartphone

By Shawn Knight
Aug 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The leak-stricken LG G2 smartphone is now official as the company just revealed it at a media event in New York. The new flagship handset certainly looks the part on paper as it is equipped with just about every high-end...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,017   +683

Critics do love picking on that. :) The iphone is evidence that many people don't care, however, it's disappointing to see LG didn't go the same rout as the HTC One and make the base model 32GB to make up for it. There's a feature called USB OTG (On The Go) that allows the phone to host a USB flash drive as an option. Perhaps LG included that.

Also, Android 4.3 is really only useful for the low-energy bluetooth from what I've heard (someone can correct me), and considering they have to test the phone for months before release they probably didn't have an option to include it. 4.2.2 is a good choice.
  3. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,718   +873

Looks like an awesome phone. I never liked LGs, but this is good.
  4. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 488   +75

Looks to be a good one. Let's see how it stacks up against the S4 and One once it's released though
  5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,384   +607

Hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like the display edges are curved (like the N4). That's very, very nice. :D
  6. dennis777

dennis777 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 274   +29

LG phones has always been good looking ... yet they always abandon their Flag phones... poor phone supports... I wish they just make pure android phone.
  7. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 942   +94

I love em on my Optimus 4G LTE.
  8. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,384   +607

Nexus 4.
    Arris likes this.
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,815   +702

It looks pretty slick but I'll stick with mid range phones.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.