TechSpot

LG DVD & CD re-writer drivers??

By cookiedude
Mar 4, 2007
  1. Hi all

I have recently installed XP x64 (I tested it for a couple of months in a dual-boot setup) and I have had no problems finding drivers for most of my hardware. However, the drivers for my two optical drives - LG GSA-4163b and LG GCE-8240b - have stopped working. They worked fine for about a week and then stopped.

According to windows its a problem with the driver - "corrupted or missing" - and I can't find any drivers online (LG's support site is rubbish!). Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Under XP 32-bit, no additional optical drivers are needed... XP 64-bit does have issues with drivers. You have just discovered this fact. Have you installed all the MS Updates?

3. cookiedude

cookiedude TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 157

I knew of the driver issues for XP 64 which is why I tested it for a couple of months before switching to it permanently. My drives were working fine until a couple of days ago so i believe the drivers may have become corrupt. I have installed all of the MS updates available but no help.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

You might try an Operating System repair or reinstall

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.