Lg flatron 775ft 17"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacsedit

hey there!
i have a problem with my lg 17" monitor: the picture is too wide and it doesn't fit on the monitor's screen. i tried to change resolution, to adjust the width in the osd menu, even tried it on other computers too, but i just get the same problem... the height is ok, but the width is too large, i can't see the edges of screen/image, the edge is out with like 1-2 cms...
please help!!sos!! :)
many thanks!
Edit

Yes you can adjust the Display settings to 1024x768 or whatever
But the real setting is on the Monitor itself.

There should be some buttons to press to change (and shrink) either the width or the entire Display area, which would mean that you would then need to increase the height. Or just use the Monitor's default setting, then adjust through Windows display settings.

thx 4 the reply, i already tried all that, nothing works... i tried in the osd menu to shrink it, it doesn't do anything.... i adjusted the resolution, that doesn't help either... any other tips?

i tried in the osd menu to shrink it, it doesn't do anything
So you tried reset to Defaults ? (like Degaus or whatever the OSD reset does)
You tried reduce the width?
You tried reducing all 4 sides (basically the square)

Is this an old CRT monitor?
If so it may just be faulty

i tried to degauss it, i even tried every menu in the osd, nothing works.... the screen is perfect, colors, everything looks perfect, it's just too wide.....
that's why i am out of ideas...
it's an lg flatron 775ft, it's flat from the outside, but it's actually a crt... is tehre a way to fix this width problem? like take it to a service or smthing... can they fix it?

Actually yes they can

There's a little pot (electronic device) that's usually inside (sometimes at the back, like a little post that sticks out) that you can turn anti-clockwise to reduce the voltage (ever so slightly) that in turn reduces the size.

But because of the high voltage danger (even when the CRT is off <-- which it can't be to adjust this pot) most tech shops won't do it. Especially seeming old 17" CRT Monitors can sell for $20

ok, i tested the shrinking menu in the osd again, and it's working, but only from 100(when it's the widest) to 90-91... that's like nothing.... i'm guessing that's the problem, but how can i make it go lower? (the number fall, but the picture stay's at the same width after 90....) is there somthing that's disabling it?

i also searched for the thing u described, i only found 2 gaps on each side of the monitor, but nothing to turn in them..... i'll keep searching....
thanx 4 helping me!

i only found 2 gaps on each side
I haven't looked up your Monitor at all. But I wonder if those gaps show the internal pot. (probably not)

Also seeming you are determined to find these pots. When (or if) you do, make sure you turn them ever so slightly (1 degree and so forth) If you turn the pot too far the Monitor will go bang. And you will shake for 10mins !!!
Also you are suppose to use a small plastic flat screwdriver. You can use a metal one (seeming the adjustment is plastic on top of the pot) But if you slip or touch other electronics, that's where that shaking may come in again. :blackeye:

i can't find that thing :( but i found in the osd menu a thing called video, and it says 0,7V or 1, i changed it, but it didn't help.... it's still the same way :(
when i move the screen all the way to the left or right, i can see the sides, so it displays the full image, but i have no clue what else i could do... :(
this is my monitor:
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews21.html

Yes it looks normal (you know a normal pic of a CRT Monitor, not a pic of yours specifically) Actually when providing links, you are best to use the manufacture's home page, but don't worry.

Anyway, you just need another Monitor, hey go 19" Minimum, 17 is way too small
And please throw that Monitor away, even with all my experience, I wouldn't open it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back