LG gwa-4161b causing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

darby26

Hi,

I have the above mentioned DVD installed on my PC. The PC keeps rebooting on me and after some investigation...I have come to the conclusion that it is the DVD. I went to LG to download an updated driver but cant find it.I have also emailed there support dept and they havent replied...typical help desk.

I googled it and still cant find a driver!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks
darby26
:rolleyes:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What leads you to believe it`s your dvd drive that`s causing the problem?

How is the drive connected? I.E is it set as master, or slave, and on which ide channel? Are the jumpers on the back of the drive set correctly?

You shouldn`t need a driver for it, as the Windows drivers should work just fine.

When you say you can`t find a driver update, do you mean a firmware update?

To stop your computer auto rebooting, right click my computer, and select properties. Click on the advanced tab, and under startup and recovery click settings. Untick the box that says automatically restart. Click apply/ok.

Now instead of your system rebooting when there`s an error, you should receive an error message(bsod) telling you what caused the error.

Pay particular attention to any drivers identified in the error message.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hi,

It is set correctly and the jumpers are also set correctly. The reason I said it was the drive was because when I disconnected it...my PC ran fine. When I reconnected it...same problems.

I think it may have been more though....just had to reinstall Windows....way to many errors happening.

Thanks anyway...

darby26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back