LG launches IPS7 series monitors with MHL and Cinema Screen Design

Shawn Knight

Staff member

LG has introduced two new IPS monitors that feature Cinema Screen Design and MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) connectivity. The two displays are part of LG’s IPS7 series that will debut first in Korea and China before making an international debut.

MHL technology allows the end user to connect a compatible smartphone directly to the display for easy viewing of photos and videos. The connection is also capable of charging a connected handset, eliminating the need for a dedicated phone charger at your desk.

ips7 mhl lg ips7 monito

LG’s Cinema Screen Design is comprised of a super thin 1.2mm bezel, a feature that not only looks attractive but would be extremely useful for multi-monitor setups. Many monitors have a bezel that can be up to an inch thick and with two side-by-side, the unused space can be a bit distracting.

The company has also reduced the overall depth of the display to only 14.1mm while the metallic stand, capacitive touch controls and a cable management feature are said to help enhance the overall aesthetic appeal. Included software will aid in color calibration to help get the most accurate and lifelike colors out of the display.

LG is launching a 23-inch and 27-inch monitor to begin with, both featuring LED IPS panels with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080. The smaller unit certainly sounds viable but I have to question their decision to produce the larger display with such a comparatively low resolution. Pricing remains unknown at this hour.

Permalink to story.

Nice screens, too bad the 27' is only 1920x1080 though. I'll stick with my 27' 2560x1440.

I've been looking for a new monitor 25"+ to replace my Samsung 260HD but prices never seem to come down, especially for 1920x1200 or 2560x1xxx. It's ridiculous that tablets are packing better resolutions and the displays cost so much less. I hope these prices are reasonable.

If the bezels are really as thin as they claim then I'm definitely interested, but eww to the touch controls.

What do you mean, "as they claim"? The picture's right there, 1.2mm of bezel clearly visible....

Because LG's super thin bezel LED TVs look exactly like that when they're off, but when they're on it's clear that the screen stops about 1/2" from the edge. That's on a 55" TV so it might be smaller on a 27" monitor.

Looks very tasty. Pity about the low res on the bigger model the :( I like the fact that the overall build is less chunky seeing as I will probably be moving into a small flat for a few years so that would be even better

Back