LG monitor turning off and on when I start PC

DarkRegulator

This has been happening to me for a while now. I've got a dual monitor set up and my second monitor keeps turning off and on when I start my computer or I wake it up from sleep mode, and it happens for about 10 mins. After that the monitor is fine. The monitor is about 2 years old. I have tried changing the cables and setting it as my main display to no avail.

Is my monitor just broken?

I have recorded the monitor starting up if thats of any help:

Shine strong light on monitor when 'off'. If you can see the screen with graphics, then it is power to the backlight or the backlight itself. The fact that it can be persuaded to work after warming up (which is no longer really an issue since we stopped using Deforest tubes), I imagine there is a failing capacitor or a cold/cracked solder joint on the power board.

If competent and familiar with high-voltage electronics, I might dive in, otherwise I might shop ebay for a replacement with LED backlight - possibly a match to your primary.

Shine strong light on monitor when 'off'. If you can see the screen with graphics, then it is power to the backlight or the backlight itself. The fact that it can be persuaded to work after warming up (which is no longer really an issue since we stopped using Deforest tubes), I imagine there is a failing capacitor or a cold/cracked solder joint on the power board.

If competent and familiar with high-voltage electronics, I might dive in, otherwise I might shop ebay for a replacement with LED backlight - possibly a match to your primary.

Welp I dont think I have a light source strong enough on me. I tried using the light thats on my phone but I couldnt quite see anything on the monitor. I guess I might just have to replace it. Thanks for the help!

Back