LG monitor won't turn on after power outage

LG Monitor W2242T

We had a blackout & when the power returned my monitor didn't.. it's flashes the LG logo on a black screen if plugged into the PC or not..any ideas ??

There is a always a possibility that the monitor is fried due to high-voltage kickback which, according to Lenz's law, can happen when blackouts occur. Although, this seems rather (if not very) unlikely if the house/wall socket is well-grounded.

Does this screen always behave like this when plugged into a PC?

Does the screen even display an image? (Be specific, what does "flashes the LG logo on a black screen" mean?) Because if the screen IS displaying an image, it might just be the VGA-connector. Or, hopefully not, the "screen-recognizer"... :dead:

Try using another monitor connected to the PC to verify that is is the monitor and not the video card/ motherboard

Loka : First thing that popped into my was it's fried..but the LG Logo flashing on & off made me wonder.. if it was fried wouldn't there just be a blank screen ?? this is the first time i've seen the Logo.

No..the screen is blank until the PC is turned on..

Logo is the normal LG..L is the nose & the G is the outline if the face with a wink..here a link to show you what i mean .. Hmmm..i can't post links yet..if you paste this in your browser you'll see the little fella that's doing all the flashing.. attitudethatneverfails.blogspot.com/2009/03/logo-lg.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tmagic: I have 2 monitors setup to my PC's ..the other is working fine..

I just thought that LG face flashing on & off laughing at me might (just by a slim chance) mean there's still life in it..lol

Thanks for the replies..

"Tmagic: I have 2 monitors setup to my PC's ..the other is working fine..."

Does the working monitor run normally in the suspect monitors connector?

Well, good to see that atleast the monitor isn't fried.
(Thanks btw, I now get what you mean by "flashing logo".)

"Tmagic: I have 2 monitors setup to my PC's ..the other is working fine..."

What happens if you plug the flashing monitor into the other connector?
And as Tmagic650 noted: vice versa?

Back