LG Multi drive pissing me off

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK...I get this brand new LG GSA 4167B for Christmas, I install it and it won't read blank DVD's, nothing, doesn't matter what name brand. I tried everything I can think of. I uninstalled both the drive and the IDE controller and rebooted. Nothing. I checked of the internal windows burning software, nothing. Updated the firware, nothing. Flashed my system bios, nothing. Tride several different softwares, eg:Nero and Roxio plus others.Nothing. It's on the seconday IDE controller, Master because its the only drive. I have read every single post on this forum about DVD burner problems and nothing. And this be the second drive. The first one I took into the shop because I thought it was a dud, they worked on it replaced the drive, did some "software tweaks"(which cost me) and It worked for a couple of days then stopped. I know it's a windows problem, I just dont know what.

PLease for the love of god, help me. :blackeye:

this is family forum what the cussing
just calm down it's not worth blow a vain over
it's new ask the perso who bought it if you can do return
contact LG for return info
at this point I would suggest pio mode or check for eror in udma mode,but not sure that would help and I think you spent enought time on it
dump the drive

What do you mean by wont read blank DVD's? you mean the drive wont burn a DVD or even detect that a disc is in the drive or what?

what version of windows are you running? and what mobo? Nforce based chipset by chance?

iss said:
What do you mean by wont read blank DVD's? you mean the drive wont burn a DVD or even detect that a disc is in the drive or what?

what version of windows are you running? and what mobo? Nforce based chipset by chance?

The drive will read pretty much everythig else except a blank DVD. Meaning that I can play music CD's, burn CD's, and play DVD movies. But when I put in a blank DVD nothing happens. When I go to MY Computer to check the E drive, as soon as I click on it, everything feezes up until I eject the disk then which everything goes back to normal. And none of the software seem to recognize that theres a disk in the drive

Im running windows XP Sp2 on a Asus P4P 800 Delux MOBO. Intel 2.4 gig CPU, 512 megs of Dual Channel ram, two hardrives. Video card. Basic stuff.

apart from the freezing up part the drive is acting normal. Burners or even Roms dont read BLANK disk's because there is nothing to read on them. what you would normally get trying to access a drive with a blank disk in it from Explorer is a message of "incorrect function" or "drive not accessible". because there is NOTHING to access on a blank disc.

iss said:
apart from the freezing up part the drive is acting normal. Burners or even Roms dont read BLANK disk's because there is nothing to read on them. what you would normally get trying to access a drive with a blank disk in it from Explorer is a message of "incorrect function" or "drive not accessible". because there is NOTHING to access on a blank disc.

Yes but none of the software recognizes that a disk is in the drive...which in turn prevents me from burning anything. Ive tried several different brands nothing seems to work. The software either says...please load disk, no disk in drive, waiting to access disk. Even though there's a disk in the drive already. One strange little occurance is after some time the drive will come out of it's freeze and the E drive says CD drive instead of DVD Ram drive.

what kind if DVD's? DVD-R, DVD+R DVDRW? or all of them?

Do you have Intel application accelerator installed? it has been known to cause problems with optical drives.

iss said:
what kind if DVD's? DVD-R, DVD+R DVDRW? or all of them?

Do you have Intel application accelerator installed? it has been known to cause problems with optical drives.

So far Ive only tried -R and +R DVD's

And I don't have Intel Accelerator installed.

there is a registry fix that has helped some people with their DVD\Cd problems do a forum search for posts by a member named Triton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back