TechSpot

LG sells 13.2 million phones in Q4 2013, up 54% from 2012

By Scorpus
Jan 27, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Financial results for Q4 2013 have been flowing in from a range of companies in the past week, with LG today jumping on board to deliver their numbers. On $14.03 billion in revenue for Q4, LG achieved a $223.9 million...

Read more

2. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,455   +606

LG has great stuff IMO. My 42" LG LCD is going on 5 years old, never had a single problem and my 60" LG Plasma has excellent picture quality/features for the measly $800 I paid for it over a year ago.
    I would definitely buy an LG phone or tablet.

3. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 707   +168

Surprising, I assumed the G2 had been an absolute failure.

4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,506   +498

Are you kidding me??? It's THE current android flagship (To my understanding).

Loved it ever since I got it, great performance smooth in every way, amazing ips display, battery lasts way above the average, had mine running for 34 hours and 23 minutes on normal usage and 10% remaining battery, for me that's huge for such a big screen.

5. Korn007

Korn007 TS Member

LG makes the NEXUS 5 which is the #1 selling phone out and of course has the same specs as the LG G2 so its also the fastest out with the snapdragon 800 quad core chip in it.

6. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 707   +168

I disagree, whatever the latest Galaxy S or Note device is the Android king when accounting for sales.

Anyway this is what I found when I looked up LG G2 sales: "LG had hoped to sell 10 million flagship G2 smartphones this year according to the site’s sources, but sales into channels barely topped 2 million."

7. Korn007

Korn007 TS Member

Vela you gotta add in the NEXUS 5 sales since LG makes that phone also bro.

8. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,506   +498

To my understanding the flagship term is used performance wise. Again I might be wrong.

Still, those are the fastest phones out there both sporting the same Quad core chip. So far it's the best performance all around I've seen in a phone taking into consideration power aspects vs energy managment.