TechSpot

LG to launch its first 31-inch ultra-widescreen 4K monitor next month

By Justin Kahn
Dec 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. LG is set to launch its first 4K display in January, but like its 29-inch ultra-widescreen offering, the new 31-inch Ultra-HD display will come with a much wider panel than its competitors along with some pretty interesting Thunderbolt integration.

Read more

2. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Awesome to see technology moving along at this pace, but to rich for my blood. I'll have to wait for these screens to come down to slightly more common prices.

3. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon TS Enthusiast Posts: 149   +41

Wake me up in 3-4 years when 32 inch 4K monitor is $999.

4. Joshw

Joshw TS Rookie Posts: 17   +8

How come there are 4k 40" tvs for $500 but 4k 30" monitors are $3,000?

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,003   +1,503

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,084   +747

That someone was Harrods.

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,084   +747

Pricing aside, I'd rather invest in something like this rather than a multi monitor setup. It may or may not take off, who knows.

8. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 402   +35

I think it has to do with manufacturing complexities. The same thing happens to 1080p displays. You used to see computer monitors in 24 - 30 inch sizes were often more expensive than a 40" or larger 1080p TV. The smaller the screen, but with the same amount of pixels, means the pixels have to be smaller which I believe costs more to produce. At least that was my understanding.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.