LG's 27MU67 monitor packs FreeSync alongside a 4K, 27-inch IPS panel

Scorpus

Staff member

amd freesync crossfire dual-gpu adaptive sync

LG Australia has revealed a new FreeSync monitor on their website perhaps a little earlier than the company anticipated, and it could be a great option for gamers wanting to upgrade to a 4K display.

The 27MU67 is a 27-inch IPS LCD gaming monitor with a resolution of 3840 x 2160, packing features such as adaptive sync, 10-bit color, and 99% sRGB coverage. There's no word on the refresh range of this monitor, though as it packs a 4K display, it's unlikely the maximum refresh will go higher than 60 Hz.

27mu67 freesync ips lg display monitor ultra hd 4k 27-inch

Pictures of the 27MU67 reveal four inputs: a single DisplayPort for FreeSync, a mini-DisplayPort, and two HDMI ports. Through LG's "4 Screen Split" mode, you can view images through all four inputs simultaneously, though presumably this doesn't work with FreeSync enabled.

One of the most attractive aspects of this display is the price tag. LG lists the 27MU67 as AU$799, which is just AU$100 more than the local price for Acer's 1440p 144Hz FreeSync monitor. When translated into US dollars (minus local sales tax), the 27MU67 should retail for under US$600: very reasonable for this type of display.

Permalink to story.

4 way split? That's pretty cool. I know other monitors have done it (though none immediately come to mind) but very cool nevertheless. It might not be an IPS type panel but that's not a bad price all things considered.

Just wondering why you think it is not an IPS panel, when IPS is in the title of the article and from this line in the article.

The 27MU67 is a 27-inch IPS LCD gaming monitor with a resolution of 3840 x 2160, packing features such as adaptive sync, 10-bit color, and 99% sRGB coverage.​

I don't think that box on the main picture is the right box.
According to the specs(and resolution,I think) this is a 16:9 monitor not a 21:9.

32'-34 only. You can still use Win7 1:1 scaling, see the print and use the extra real estate for productivity, while your eyes won't bleed when You decide to play at FHD, maybe leaning backward a little. And those prices? I was looking for WQHD to replace my 2010 FHD and there's like completely no choice under $350. I just bought my father an awsome looking (compared to my aging TN) 22' Benq FHD VA for $86, but 77% more pixels in IPS/VA costs minimum 3 times more. What is it? Middle ages? Well. I'm gonna build my own theme park, with Blackjack... and hookers.

Why do they keep making such high res panels in small displays??? 27" is still too small. Waste of money, I'm not going to sit with my face 30 cm. / 1 foot away from the screen. 4K panels need to be 40" or larger as far as I'm concerned, otherwise the extra pixels are just a waste. And don't get me started on smart phone displays....

IAMTHESTIG, these are monitors not TVs sold predominantly to the PC market. Generally no pc users is going to have a 40" monitor on their desk! And ps the extra pixels are far from a waste. When I am working on rendering videos and scripts etc the extra deskspace is highly appreciated. In gaming the higher resolutions enable me to not have to use things like FFAA etc so more performance elsewhere when needed.

Back