Lian-Li PC-67 Case fan speed is erratic

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmo1701

I have had my Lian-Li case now for about 5 years. Just today, the rear outtake fan of the case started increasing then decreasing in speed. This is the case even if I have my case side cover off.

I originally thought that it might be temperature-related, but that can't be the case with the case side off as well.

Do you think the fan needs to be replaced? Why does the fan speed change erratically? Is there anything I can do? If the fan needs to be replaced, any instructions would be helpful as well.

Please help!

Well, if it is five years old and running loud and slow. You know it is dying. Time to buy another fan :)

Regards Lucan

I think I'll go with an Antec fan. Any ideas on how to remove the back case fan? I don't see screws, but just four black pins (?) where the screws usually go.

vmo1701 said:
I think I'll go with an Antec fan. Any ideas on how to remove the back case fan? I don't see screws, but just four black pins (?) where the screws usually go.

Scary to use Vantec Stealth fans? They are bang for the bucks.

And if possible, reuse the screws. If not, pick up the 4 new one from any computer stores.

You feel that Vantec is the one to go with?

Is the fact that a fan spin faster for about 5 sec. then goes to normal rotation an indication that the fan is old? It may not be spinning faster, but it certainly does get LOUDER for about 5 sec.

vmo1701 said:
You feel that Vantec is the one to go with?

Is the fact that a fan spin faster for about 5 sec. then goes to normal rotation an indication that the fan is old? It may not be spinning faster, but it certainly does get LOUDER for about 5 sec.
You told us that fans has been running for 5 years and it gotten louder and erratic behavior...

all the heat management is good inside the computer?

If it is good, means it is the fan itself.

Heat management is good. I have two 80mm fans (stock default to Lian-Li) and one 80mm fan (stock default to Lian-Li) in the back. The one in the back is the one that is acting up.

The fans themselves have been running over 5 years, but the one in the back has only recently (2 days ago) gotten louder. It sounds like it is spinning faster, but it does definitely get louder.

So you installed it recently? What brand is it?

And depending how tight you put on it, when you tighten down too much on one side, the fan probably goes off the balance on every couples of seconds.

Please vertify that.

I didn't install it recently. The case fans came with my Lian-Li case, which I bought 5 years ago. All are default case fans. It is the one in the back that has recently gotten louder/spinning faster. I haven't bought anything in relation to case fans. But it sounds like the one in the back might need to be replaced.

Okay, get the Vantec Stealth, they are guaranteed to stay quiet, no matter if they are dying or not. Make sure you pick up the correct size, such as 80MM, 92MM, or 120MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back