Library files damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've been trying to install a program called Band-in-a-box, and havent been having much luck. I get through the install process fine, but when i try to run it, at first i had a message come up saying SHELL.DLL was missing. I referred to another thread which addressed that problem and fixed it. Now i get "One of the library files needed to run C:\BB\bbw.exe is damaged. Please reinstall this application." Im not sure how to fix this, so i greatly appreciate any help. Just in case i've included my hjt log. Thank you.

hmmm

Now this is just plain dosconcerting. The shell trick worked this time around. I launched the program in safe mode, and it actually worked, and i thank you very much. However, now when im in normal mode, when the program launches, nothing happens. I can see the process in the task manager, but everything next to it is blank and obviously the window doesnt come up. any suggestions?

Clean up your PC before you continue experimenting!

Boot in Safe Mode.
Switch System restore OFF.
Press Ctrl/Alt/Del simultaneously, select Taskmanager/Processes, select the process (if there), click "End Process" for:

ieck32.exe
atlcm32.exe
atlwx.exe
basesrv.exe
msas32.exe

Next, run Hijackthis on its own and let it 'fix':
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {010E282E-3E5C-A926-6BE5-81BB33B821D0} - C:\WINDOWS\ieob32.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ieck32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieck32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [atlcm32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\atlcm32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [atlwx.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\atlwx.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [basesrv] C:\WINDOWS\System32\basesrv.exe
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O18 - Protocol: icoo - {4A8DADD4-5A25-4D41-8599-CB7458766220} - C:\WINDOWS\msopt.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Network Security Service (NSS) (%AF夶À¨) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\msas32.exe

When done, delete the highlighted bold files.
Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back