TechSpot

library files damaged?

By jazz108
Mar 16, 2005
  1. Hello, I've been trying to install a program called Band-in-a-box, and havent been having much luck. I get through the install process fine, but when i try to run it, at first i had a message come up saying SHELL.DLL was missing. I referred to another thread which addressed that problem and fixed it. Now i get "One of the library files needed to run C:\BB\bbw.exe is damaged. Please reinstall this application." Im not sure how to fix this, so i greatly appreciate any help. Just in case i've included my hjt log. Thank you.

2. tbrunt3

tbrunt3 TS Rookie Posts: 313

3. jazz108

jazz108 TS Rookie Topic Starter

hmmm

Now this is just plain dosconcerting. The shell trick worked this time around. I launched the program in safe mode, and it actually worked, and i thank you very much. However, now when im in normal mode, when the program launches, nothing happens. I can see the process in the task manager, but everything next to it is blank and obviously the window doesnt come up. any suggestions?

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Clean up your PC before you continue experimenting!

Boot in Safe Mode.
    Switch System restore OFF.
    Press Ctrl/Alt/Del simultaneously, select Taskmanager/Processes, select the process (if there), click "End Process" for:

ieck32.exe
    atlcm32.exe
    atlwx.exe
    basesrv.exe
    msas32.exe

Next, run Hijackthis on its own and let it 'fix':
    R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {010E282E-3E5C-A926-6BE5-81BB33B821D0} - C:\WINDOWS\ieob32.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ieck32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieck32.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [atlcm32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\atlcm32.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [atlwx.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\atlwx.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [basesrv] C:\WINDOWS\System32\basesrv.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
    O18 - Protocol: icoo - {4A8DADD4-5A25-4D41-8599-CB7458766220} - C:\WINDOWS\msopt.dll (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Network Security Service (NSS) (%AF夶À¨) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\msas32.exe

When done, delete the highlighted bold files.
    Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.