Lightning strike and effect on components

boagz57

Hey guys. So the other night I was on my computer when lightning struck and I actually got shocked from my mouse and my computer shut off. After checking things out it looks like my monitor is busted and my mouse is shot. I used another monitor and turned my computer on and everything seems to work, even played BF3 for a little. My question is I heard that a lightning strike might not have an immediate effect but sometimes it effects the life of your electronics. Can this happen to my computer and is there a way for me to check to see if any components were affected aside from basic functionality?

My question is I heard that a lightning strike might not have an immediate effect but sometimes it effects the life of your electronics.
Personally I think that is false, but I have no way to prove it. Sounds too much like someone is hard up to find an event to blame, for components coincidentally kicking the bucket.

Okay, so how about, after about a day following the incident, I went to turn on my computer and nothing is happening. Some LED lights are showing up on motherboard and graphics card but that's about it. Now since my computer started up normal right after the incident and I checked temps of cpu and everything seemed fine could this just be a psu problem?

Back