Limewire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha50

so i have used limewire in the past in conjuction with webroot spysweeper and never had a problem downloading music and the spysweeper filtered the content like it was supposed to. worked great. now i did get a new laptop and installed spysweeper but i cant download music. is there maybe a setting i got to change somewhere in my system or with the software that i gorgot about. any help appreciated. thanks for taking the time to read this.

Peace

What do you mean by not being able to download music? Can you be more specific?

Do you have internet connection? What are the errors (if any). Check your firewall, maybe its blocking limewire from getting outside.

Use of P2P software is risky and dangerous for the simple fact you cannot control the safety of the shared computers on the network. Most ITs will not allow this type of activity. Unless you know for sure which computers are sharing the files for a file transfer and can guarantee their safety, then you are taking a huge risk for viri, trojans, and other nasties. Your anti-virus software is doing its job.

Yeah your Lucky, P2P software is now Illegal in the UK and if caught by our ISP's we get warnings and Connection Slow Downs after 3 warnings we can get our Internet Connection locked down or terminated normally only if we are heavy users or consistently Downloading off them so it isn't the Smartest thing to use.

Check your security software, settings, and firewalls. Also look at Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and Safari settings. They all have the intent to block any software they decide is evil or risky. Manual settings will fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back