Limewire

Status
Not open for further replies.
For god's sake Delete Limewire for 3 reasons

1. Virus in itself and all files you download
2. Crap
3. I dont think you should be downloading files in the 1st place :haha:

I wish I was a mod because I could close this topic and be getting all the ladies for being so brave ;)

Chelsie said:
I'm guessing this is where this goes but, does anyone have any idea where after you download a file form limewire, where in the hell it stores it? Besides in the Limewire library, that is.
I've never been able to find it and it drives me CRAZY!

By default there should be a downloads folder in the Limewire directory, example: C:/Program Files/Limewire/Downloads

Start by looking in that Limewire folder. Or, go into the options/settings & look where it's set to.

TimeParadoX said:
For god's sake Delete Limewire for 3 reasons

1. Virus in itself and all files you download
2. Crap
3. I dont think you should be downloading files in the 1st place :haha:

I wish I was a mod because I could close this topic and be getting all the ladies for being so brave ;)

Hmm you must've had some bad experiences with it, if you're not joking about the virus being in the Limewire program itself, could you tell me what you used to detect it so I can give it a scan?
And yeah of course you can get virus' from files you dl if you're not careful - but you can also get virus' from just being online & surfing around the net. =D Just gotta be cautious.

Limewire in itself does not contain a virus. It`s the stuff that gets downloded via Limewire and most any other p2p programme that`s infected.

Obviously, we`re all aware of Techspots policy on piracy and please don`t tell me Limewire or whatever p2p programme is being used, is being used for legal downloads. ;)

My recommendation is to stay away from all p2p programmes altogether.

As for this thread being closed, I see absolutely no reason why that should be the case, unless someone is stupid enough to start asking dumb questions pertaining to p2p and the specifics of any illegal files.

Regards Howard :)

Of course it isnt!
No, actually I hardly ever use it but I was looking for a file that it had from a long time ago but I couldnt find it.
Yet after some snooping around I did find it, but thanks for all the replies.
As to Limewire being bad, I wouldnt go that far, but Howard is right, you can get viruses from the files but I'm not worried.
Thanks for all the help though, guys it was appreciated.

Ah, and if need be, you can close it, it wont bother me any lol. It was just a question I had, sorry if it caused any problems.

Yeah I know I was just messing around when I said all that stuff but yeah P2P file sharing is aginst the policy so dont talk about it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back