Limited connection with IP release/renew problems

Hi!
I have the same problem: message "An Operation was attempted on something that is not a socket" etc. appeared.
Also, my Node Type is unknown. I tried all steps mentioned above and I never made it to have Node Type hybrid. It appears to be unknown even after adding node type and value 08.

And about this:

"You should see a complete set of TCP values and using the command Prompt
ping 8.8.8.8​
nslookup 8.8.8.8"​
I got something completely different. it says (for nslookup) that default server is not available. (server unknown. cant find server for address 8.8.4.4. etc...)​
Any idea how can I try to fix problem?​
It all started with IP address conflict. Once, it was solved thanx to this:​
cmd​
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt​
netsh winsock reset catalog.​
But it does not work any more. It shows that local area network is connected and there is still message about IP address conflict.​

Many thanks in advance!​

It's a little difficult to pin down what your problem is without knowledge of your network and router setup, but IP collisions and connection issues that get fixed temporarily with release and renew are usually related to misconfigured DHCP settings. Such as when two routers are distributing IP addresses to the same range of systems, or when some devices list static IP address, or sometimes if a wireless device is also plugged in with a network cable, claiming the same IP address with both connections.

if you ping those google dns addresses (8.8.8.8, or 8.8.6.6) and you get errors instead of replies it just means your not connecting to the internet.

Like I said though this is generic stuff and no one will be able to be more specific until you describe a bit about your overall network layout, and types of connections.

Back