limited or no connectivity.

By protodiarko
Jan 28, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just installed driver for Intel® PRO 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet and connected the cable to the modem, and after a long time of "aquiring network address", says limited or no connectivity. I tried renewing IP address and it says "windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action could not be completed: renewing your IP address"

Connection works on my laptop.
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Disable or remove the ethernet in Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager.
    Then reinstall the driver once more, from Intel. Be sure you have the PRO and not one of the similar 10/100 Intel models... though many will work.
    Be sure your cable is good. Those little plugs are very prone to failure with any pulling or bending.
  3. Ellgor

Ellgor Newcomer, in training Posts: 19

Hi,
    If your still having the problem try switching the cable modem off for about 4mins so as it forgets it's previous settings, switching back on you should see that it accepts the new hardware, hope it works for you it did for me.

Regards, Ellgor.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.