Link between PC cillin & AVG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

PC cillin is scheduled to run at set intervals on my PC, it was already installed when I had it built, that, I don't mind.
Today it started a scan of 48,000 odd files, [gasp?] & took 20 minutes, again I didn't mind, as, of course you can carry on, whilst it' running it's checks, but about half way through, a pop-up announced that I had the trojan dropper Delph 3.L, & said I should run AVG.
I didn't, as I knew it was still on my drive, & AVG couldn't remove it to ihe vault.

[1] Is there a link between the two anti-virus programmes, as it popped up whilst one was running.

[2] Does anyone know anything about this particular worm, or more general, any dropper, what is the wide opinion on what they all do.

Maurice.
dont-know.gif

Sorry, I know it's Christmas......but nobody told the viruses etc!

I don't know what these viruses do, but I have recently installed Anti-vir and it found at least 25 these kind of worms on my computer and removed them. I had "Norton Internet Security 2005", but its antivirus could not find these worms. So, I would suggest u to get Anti-Vir (it is free) and if you want a internet security, then get "Zone Alarm". Both work pretty good.

Hiya Maurice.

You`re not supposed to be running two anti virus programmes on the same computer it can cause all kinds of weird things to happen.

Uninstall both programmes then reinstall and update the one you wish to keep.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Thanks, death, I'll have a look at that one.
Hi there, Howard my friend, you've advised this before, I think I might just do that, & get rid of PC-cillin, wouldn't it be OK just to uninstall one, or do you think that I need to do both, will there be snags if I don't?

Hope you don't have to work too much over the holiday weekend, I know you have to do some, what's it like up there, much snow?, I've seen signs of it in your area, it hasn't reached here yet, but perhaps later, my "op" has been forward to February, which pleases me, I just hope I don't need a snow plough to get there!!

All the best to you & yours, Maurice
xmas.gif

Hiya Maurice.

I would reccomend that you uninstall both programmes and then start again with a fresh install of the one you wish to use.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back