TechSpot

LinkedIn tops 300 million members, highlights the importance of mobile

By Shawn Knight
Apr 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Social network / recruiting service LinkedIn on Friday announced they've achieved a big milestone in surpassing 300 million members. Unsurprisingly, a large portion of the site's growth has come from mobile - a demographic that is expected to account for...

Read more

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,690   +337

And still nobody knows what to do with it...

Seriously, almost everyone my age or older (I'm 33) has an account, I'm not sure I've talked to anyone that does anything with it except accept other people's invitations (ok, maybe for stalking if they don't have a fb account :)).

Capaill, ikesmasher and H3llion like this.
  3. at0mic_Mike

at0mic_Mike TS Member Posts: 31

If they would add the "delete account" option it would drop to a few thousand users.

Capaill likes this.
  4. Capaill

Capaill TS Enthusiast Posts: 100   +16

It's little more than a glorified spam mail generator. It's usefulness in getting a new job is debatable in that I haven't heard of anyone getting a new job through it. I try to avoid using it or adding personal data to it as I find LinkedIn to be too aggressive in getting new subscribers and I simply don't trust them.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.