linking 2 routers (LINKSYS WRK54G & WRT54GX4) together

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to link 2 routers together.

Here is my problem:

I recently bought a Nokia E61i (cellphone) which is suppose to have WIFI capabilities.

I now use the Linksys WRT54GX4 at home and it works perfectly fine without the Nokia E61i.

When I tried using the WIFI capabilities of my phone at home, the internet connection kept on dropping and surfing on my phone was so slow.

I then used my old LINKSYS WRK54G and its perfect with my phone.

The problem is, I want to use my new router because it emits a stronger signal than my old one.

So I tried linking the 2 routers by putting a cable from port 1 of WRT54gx4 to the internet port of the wrk54g.

My phone started working (not as fast but good enough) with my mac powerbook and sony vaio. My problem is the card in my toshiba laptop and the wifi card in my o2 xda cant access my internet.

Can someone help me with my problem?

Thanks !

You will probably need to do a reset and reinstall of the routers, and remove and reinstall the software on the Mac to get it all working right... but it is definitely do-able... just frustrating the first time.

However, you are not going to notice much difference in actual speed or performance... although the stronger signal will reach further away...

The 35% speed boost they brag about... is not detectable by very many folks.

You do get some reductions in drop outs and disconnects if you are having any now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back