LinkScanner Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastco

Just wanted to pass this along. It works pretty well and keeps you safer while surfing. Here is the link: http://software.techrepublic.com.com/download.aspx?docid=272269

Overview: LinkScanner Lite analyzes sites in real time to detect a wide range of online threats including malicious content, phishing, social engineering and targeted software exploits. As you surf the web, LinkScanner Lite site ratings tell you which sites are safe and which are dangerous at the only time that matters - right before you go there. Whenever you're surfing, just right-click any hyperlink on the web and LinkScanner Lite will give you an instant page security analysis. LinkScanner Lite integrates with major search engines to check organic and paid search results; a color-coded icon appears alongside each listing, so you get advance warning of poisoned sites and can steer clear of active threats. LinkScanner Lite is small, lightweight and won't impact system performance. It is free for personal use and compatible with major anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall products.Version 2.6.6 increased speed of search analysis, improved threat detection, improved stability and performance.

Sounds very interesting. Would certainly prove helpful to several of our members.
How long have you used it?
Are there any caveats to using it?

Regards,
momok =)

I have used it for a few weeks and I haven't noticed any slow down of system performance. I'm happy with it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back