Linksys built in router page not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a WRT54GS Linksys router with Speed boost, and everytime i go to the site for my router (http://192.168.1.1) and enter my username and password, there are only one or two lines of text for the website. The rest of the text that is supposed to be there is not there as it should be. Just wondering if anyone can help me with this problem.

I have tried viewing the site in Mozilla and in Explorer.... i do have an updated internet explorer as well.

thanks ahead of time

There Should be a reset button on there to set it back to factory settings. I would try hitting that and see if a good old restart does the trick. If that doesn't work I would think about calling Linksys or if you can get online going to thier website they have a good good online support chat room.

These are the instructions for resetting a Linksys router,from Linksys Tech support,none other -

Locate the RESET button.
Depress the RESET button with ballpoint pen (or similar) -- and hold for count of 7.
While keeping the RESET button depressed, unplug LinkSys -- and count to 7.
While keeping the RESET button depressed, re-plug-in LinkSys -- and count to 7. (Wheeeewwww!)

No guarantee that will fix anything,but at least you can say you tried the official reset method.

asdf_2006 said:
Yeah it didn't work... =/ Guess I'll be pursuing other routes
Well I have to say I have been using Linksys for a long time and not seen anything majorly wrong with them. You can have problems like this with any brand.

If you do decide to go with something else then I would at least suggest to stay as far away as you can from Dlink as you can. I have seen major problems with them and had major problems with dealing with their Customer Service Department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back