Linksys connction problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
I have a linksys wireless adapter for dell laptop that was given to me by a friend. i think it is older. im not very computer savvy but want to get this to work. I am able to connect to the router but will not get an internet connection. my technical skills are very limited and could use some help.

Hi

when you connect to a wireless source there are 2 things that are needed.

1) the correct SSID (this is the name of the router wireless network)
2) the correct security information, this is called a WEP or WPA key, and is found in the router setup and will have been set by the owner of the router.

The SSID is usually broadcast by the router and it is what you see when you view available networks.

The WPA/WEP key must be inputted into the box that comes up when you click on the connect button in the view wireless networks screen, it must be case correct, that is "A" is not the same as "a" etc.

It is also possible that the router is an ADSL type and that the internet connection is not active, this is true in the case of AOL routers where the connection is initiated by the software on the PC when the owner signs into the system.

Other ADSL routers such as Sky are constantly on, but you dont say which or what router or ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back