Linksys EZXS88W - Problem with connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maradms4

Hi,

we have a BT router (wireless) that is patched into the above switch. I then run a cable into my laptop. This should give me access to the router (ie an internet connection) but it doesnt. If I bypass the switch and go straight into the router, it works. I have tried swapping ports and cables to no avail. Do I need to set the router so that it can 'talk' to the switch?

Cheers.

No, you cannot configure the router switch, nor can you configure that el cheapo Linksys in any way.

Do you have a link between the switch and the router? The LEDs on the corresponding ports should light up (and remain lit) the moment you connect the cable.
Do you have a link between your computer and the switch? The LEDs on the switch and your NIC should light up (and remain lit) the moment you connect the network cable. (Well, assuming the switch and the computer are powered on).

Nodsu said:
No, you cannot configure the router switch, nor can you configure that el cheapo Linksys in any way.

Do you have a link between the switch and the router? The LEDs on the corresponding ports should light up (and remain lit) the moment you connect the cable.
Do you have a link between your computer and the switch? The LEDs on the switch and your NIC should light up (and remain lit) the moment you connect the network cable. (Well, assuming the switch and the computer are powered on).

I have a link, but it is orange not green? Everything seems ok on that front. It is a remote computer (in other words I cannot see it as its with a customer) and will have to check the lights on the nic on the laptop. I wonder if the cable is broken? It worked fine until the guy changed his router recently.....any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back