Linksys Router upgrade problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Linksys Wireless B standard router, it was brilliant it easy setup but by now it's starting to fail through over use. So i upgraded to a Linksys G Speedboster Router (Cable both) got it home the lan works fine but the Wireless just won't connect and then when it does it stays for roughly 20seconds and disconnects again. I have a linksys Wireless G Speedbooster Notebook adapter to connect to. The Easy Setup button doesn't work, to configure it

No Encryption is running no mac filtering and SSID is broadcast (this is only like this for setup purposes atm). Some how it managed to get a stable/ish connection last night and stayed connected but when i started downloading from a reliable MAX connection download i kept on loosing lots of data to the point of being kicked off their server for already being logged in.

the only noticeable difference is the RTS threshold on the B is 100 points higher of the Maximum on the G yet the adapters RTS threshold is identical to the G version.

Please help would be greatly appreciated as i'm not exactly long tempered and almost drop kicked it out the window last night as the B still works better than the G atm.

Are you running both routers simultaneously?

Any other wifi networks around that could cause interference?

No i'm not i disabled the wireless on the B while testing. Also i think a firmware update has actually solved the problem it did earlier, also i've taken my notebook up my parents house where i'm running a peer to peer network connection but i can only get like 11kb download rate out of a 2mb connection (did this by bridging the connection in windows) is there a way to increase this.

or what is the best/proper way to setup a peer to peer for internet access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back