Linux on intel D845 GEBV2

By Aamir
Apr 8, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I installed Red Hat Linux v8 on my intel D845 GEBV2 motherboard but the display is very weired!(i mean not very good, i can't read anything from screen). Why?
    i previously used GA-8IDML which worked perfect except i was unable to access internet via motorolla modem.

Can i use my ethernetcard (cable net -LAN)on intel D845 GEBV2 to access internet?
  2. robin_bga

robin_bga Newcomer, in training Posts: 258

yes u can use your card to access then internet that brings to the fact that u should make sure that u have the right drivers,that also applies to your graphics card,but first make sure that u increase your resolution being that u are using a generic driver,it should work fine.wish u luck.Robin
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

RedHat 8 is ancient - it probably doesn't support your hardware properly. Unless you have a very good reason, always install the latest version of your distribution. Since you are used to RedHat, I recommend Fedora Core 6 or CentOS 5.
  4. Aamir

Aamir Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 39

From where can i download the above mentioned OS? free of charge..
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,246   +213

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.