Liquid cooling system part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirMaggot

well i installed the evercool wc-202 in to my computer and now my computer is restarting randomly and it freeze up when it starts to load up my windows xp what should I do.

First of all, I hope you've installed it properly. So lets check if you did.

Did you use thermal paste? If you didn't, you should.

Make sure there isn't any bent parts in your tubes; this restricts waterflow.

Are you sure that the pump is pumping enough water? Not sure how to check this, probably require you to disconnect some parts and see how much flows out/minute. The reason for reduced waterflow is due to excessive pipes, the longer the pipes in your system, the harder the pump has to work, so try to keep them as short as possible.

Lets try these few things first.

i did install it property and and i did put the thermal paste but i did not check the tubes to see if it bent so ill check on that tomorrow thanks

Definately sounds like either your cooling block isn't making proper contact with the cpu (due to bad mounting or too much / too little), or that the coolant isn't flowing properly through the system. Does the external radiator have a temperature readout on it?

It does seem like the computer is overheating, hence the random restart, and by booting it up immediately after one of the restarts would definately cause another restart, before it gets to windows.

Also, radiator temps shouldn't have an effect would it? unless of course, it is extremely close to ambient temp, which would indicate that no warm water is actually getting there....

Also, I'd be interested in seeing how you managed the waterflow: is it going to the GPU? and if it is, is it going there before, or after the CPU? I'm not sure if overheating the GPU would cause a restart, and if you're running hot water from the CPU to the GPU, the GPU temp MIGHT be above normal. And vice versa.

Also, not sure about the instructions on that WC202, make sure you didn't overapply thermalpaste, although I'm sure if you overapplied it wouldn't be as bad as this.

Im running a water system and had a minor prob with air in it. Its important to make sure there is no air in it at all as it seems to decrease cooling effectiveness. I ran mine in using a spare psu so that i didnt fry my cpu, if u dont have a spare to do this with then u can unplug the 20 way connector from your mobo and short the green wire to any of the blacks to make it power up. Great care should be taken in doing this as ive heard that doing this can damage a psu altho saying that, i have done it to plenty of psu's with no problem.

problem with running with a spare PSU: you'll have 2 switches to toggle each time you shutdown/startup the pc.

yeh, forgot, you should make sure there's no air in the tubing. its closed circuit, so I'm not sure how exactly you're gonna accomplish that...

Er i never meant run 2 psu's, i meant run the cooling kit without the rest of the pc running, if u read my post properly i also said about removing the mobo power connector.

hello every one

to me it sounds like you have installed everything correctly however it sounds as thou you forgot to change the setting in your bios. (you did not mention if you did or didnt) Your comp use to have a fan it now doesnt have a fan and there are a few other setting you should have to change also

ok i fix the bios so that my computer knows that there is no fan on the cpu but it still not working some time windows would load up but when u restart it or turn it off for a couple of minute and turn it back on it will freeze when windows is about to load up and it take about half to an hour to to load windows up if the computer is off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back