Liquid Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirMaggot

I trying to make a cooling system from scrach and i was wondering what do i need to make one

like what type of pump is good, the size on the tubes, what kind of reservor, and what kind of water block i should and radiator

im try to overclock my system and i want my pc to be very very quite

so can u guy help me out :D

Hello

With these kind of questions about liquid cooling,
Cooling is critical!
Even though I know how to build from scratch
I did'nt, I have a thermaltake "Big water SE". there are better but it works for me
Pump volume has to be matched with tubing inner diameter
and radiator capacity to know what is correct speed of fluid being pumped in
order to obtain effective thermal heat transfer and not burn out the pump.
Plus you have to consider closely what type of coolant to use and it's viscosity,
corrosion inhibitor and thermal obsorbtion rate.

Best of Luck!!

YellowC4S... wow what a system!
I'm only liquid cooling my cpu, how
many heatsinks do you use?

I've got waterblocks on the CPU and the 7800GT TOP. Haven't done the NB waterblock because I have a heatpipe on the NSB. I like the Zalman unit because it does what it's supposed to do and does it VERY quietly. I hit 39-40C idle and about 54C load but then I've overclocked my X2 4400 from 2.2GHz to 2.7GHz with the GPU running 480/1370 so I'm satisfied with these temps.

When somebody comes on here saying they want to build their own water cooling system, don't discourage them from doing so. That's like somebody saying they want to build their own PC, and you say no.. go buy an eMachine, have you ever heard anybody say dude, come check out my cool new eMachines PC!! (chances are you haven't, and if you did, then go find a new friend.. lol)

building your own water cooling setup is like building your own PC... but better.

Lets face it, very few people have a stable system OC'd so high that water cooling is necessary, you do it because it looks cool, and you're proud to show it off. But nobody is impressed with a store-bought water cooling setup, it might look cool, but it's not unique and anybody else that buys it can have the same thing. On the other hand, build it yourself and that's something that you can be proud of.

So SirMaggot, if you want to give in and buy somebody else's work, go ahead, but don't let these guys discourage you.

HuH?

KingCody said:
When somebody comes on here saying they want to build their own water cooling system, don't discourage them from doing so. That's like somebody saying they want to build their own PC, and you say no.. go buy an eMachine, have you ever heard anybody say dude, come check out my cool new eMachines PC!! (chances are you haven't, and if you did, then go find a new friend.. lol)

So SirMaggot, if you want to give in and buy somebody else's work, go ahead, but don't let these guys discourage you.

Do you feel better now? Vindicated?
I only stated why "I didn't" build from scratch
even though my cooling is custom and not for the sake of "kewl".
I live in the desert & ambient room temp has lead to the needed
liquid cooling because all attemps at heatsink/fan combo's did
not work for me. My cpu is a prescott, known to be HOT.
I also run dual psu's 300w, also to keep temps down.
I'm not at all sure where you are comming from but if you'll notice,
any reply anyone could've made on this thread would fall under your
scrutiny. Why not give your input on the how instead of the slap?
If I'm missunderstanding this please correct me.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back