Liquid Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Yet the water pump is very loud.

WARNING: Over-simplified watercooling may cause your (if not then my) head to explode.
--
If you're gonna overclock just get the E6300. If not then aim for the E6600.

NFSFAN said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835124007

I reccomend this. I use it and have no problems. Oc'ed my Northy from 3.4 GHZ to 3.91 GHZ and the load temp is max of 40 Celsius after 16 hours of intense gaming. The idle is 30 Celsius. GPU also idles at 34 Celsius and Load at 46 Celsius. Amazing product if you know how to install it and use it properly
Will I be able to install it lol, i never installed one before. And is it AIO with block and all?

CrossFire851 said:
Your going to want Kingcody answer all of your qestions on watercooling.

:wave:

I'll second that. He even built his home-made watercooling system, for less $$$.

LOL F1N3ST :haha:

I'm pretty sure that if we continue like this (posting useless stuff), Howard or other mod will close this thread.... :knock:

Look, if you guys are talking about building watercooling parts from scratch, like homemade waterblocks, that stuff takes patience and skill and might be too hard for someone that has never done anything similar before.
Now if you're just talking about buying pre-built parts and putting them together, that's so easy even a monkey with a pair of scissors could do it. List of stuff that's needed:

1. Reservoir to contain the water, preferably big.
2. One or more waterpumps and preferably something that can push at least 500litres/hour. Laing 12V pumps should be ok.
3. Radiator to transfer the heat from the water to the air.
4. Waterblock for the CPU and maybe also GPU, NB, SB, MOSFET
5. Fittings for the pump, waterblocks, reservoir, radiator (should be cheap)
6. Hoses to connect everything (Nothing smaller than 10mm OD / 7mm ID)
7. Distilled water or (only if you really can't get distilled) demineralised water.
8. Fans to improve the heat transfer. You can use low-speed (900RPM) fans if you get a big radiator.

Make sure that the radiator and waterblocks are made of the same type metal (copper or aluminium) or you could face serious problems with corrosion. There are anti-corrosion agents that you can mix into the water, but it's better to be on the safe side. :)
When mixing the water use 30ml anti-algae fluid and one teaspoon of rinse-aid to help break the surface tension of the water.

hi guys...

I'm flattered by crossfire and wolfram's posts :blush: but I really can't tell you whether or not those systems are any good, because I have never used them.

personally, I would never buy any pre-made water cooling system mainly because I love to making them myself ;)

[begin_history]When I started watercooling, you had to make it yourself because there were no commercial systems available (you could buy waterblocks, but they were very expensive). when commercial systems began to surface they were cheap quality, inefficient, and very overpriced[/end_history]

It would appear that I am a bit behind the times though in the current world of watercooling. do to increased demand and competition in this new(er) market, in the last couple years the quality of pre-made kits have greatly improved, and the prices have gone way down. so perhaps now pre-made systems are not a bad option for somebody just starting out in watercooling.

that being said, I would still recommend building your own because a.) it's easy, b.) you can save money, and c.) you will get the satisfaction of knowing that you built it yourself

:wave:

Do you have MSN or AIM? We can talk on there. I have questions about if i were to build my own, thanks.

We told you F1N3ST, he's an expert on watercooling. Maybe someday, I'll ask him how to build my water cooling system... ;)

I am also in the process of trying to water cool. I see the list of item I am going to need, but can some one point me to a couple of websites that sell these items? All newegg has is water blocks, no pumps hoses or anything. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back