LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 832S erratic results with dvd media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, been trolling the net for months trying to find a solution that works, in addition been to lite-on website and got a pidgeon english reply with no results cept a new firmware upgrade. according to the description on the web site this mutha hubbard of a burner should be able to burn a movie on a piece of paper let alone any kind of dvd media, used every and i mean every (well ya know) latest version of burning softwares. I can burn cd's and vcd's no problem, but for the life of me I cant seem to get a dvd movie successfuly viewed in a dvd player, each burn gives the usual burn process successful etc, but never plays on any of my (4) dvd players or dvd viewing software on the pc, sometimes causes freezes, tried plus and minus r and rw with variant degrees of cost and quality per disk. I have near 600 movies on my pc and would like to free up some space b4 things get a bit clogged, tho still have over 200 gig left. I burned an image file to 4 different disk types and they all claimed success but the only disk that worked was a dvd/rw. also tried burning to hard drive first and on the flymbut to no avail. my pc is 8 months old and i do treat it like a baby and do weekly checks andscans, its got 1 gig of memory, 2 x 160gig internal drives, 250 usb drive, all the card readers etc etc, it is a mutha of a pc, please is tghere anyoine out there who can point me in the right direction without a system restore type answer?
Cheers in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back