LiteOn stopped burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witchy

Hello,
I am new to this forum, just joined, and I have a question regarding my CD burner. It is a LiteOn LTR 52327S. Since a few weeks I can't burn CD's but reading CD's poses no problem. I have tried Nero, first got a fixation error, then a write error. I have tried ACDSee to burn photo's and I have tried Windows. I have installed the latest firmware but that didn't change anything. Can anyone tell me if it is a software problem and how to solve it, or if I simply have to buy a new burner? Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It may well be your burner that is faulty.

However, before you rush out to buy a new one, go into your device manager, and uninstall the burner from there, then reboot your system and let Windows redetect it.

If that doesn`t help, then a getting a new burner may be the way to go.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

OK, thank you very much, I already thought that maybe I had to reinstall but I have to confess - I have no idea how to do it and so I do not know how to follow up your answer - sorry.
Please tell me, I know where to find the device manager, and then, what do I do next?

One in device manager, right click on your burner and select uninstall. Once finished just reboot your computer, and let Windows redetect the drive.

Regards Howard :)

LiteOn

I have done exactly as you said Howard, LiteOn has been recognized by Windows XP but unfortunately I still can't burn.
Now if I had been burning CD's endlessly, I could understand that this thing finally gave up on me, but my computer is just over 1 year old and I have burned CD's not more than maybe a dozen times. :mad:

I would say that your burner is faulty. Can you try your burner in another computer? Just to rule out any other possibilty.

This does happen from time to time. I would advise you to get a new burner.

Regards Howard :cool:

have you tried a different media type than the one you are currently using... you may have a bad lot of disks.. its not common but it has happened.

Have you done any overburning on this cd-rw drive , meaning burning more than the 700MB that a standard cd will hold.

I at one time did an overburn on a cd and had to replace the darn drive,

Have you done any overburning on this cd-rw drive , meaning burning more than the 700MB that a standard cd will hold.

Yes I think that is quite possible! Last month I tried to burn an audio CD but I could not remember how much music it could obtain, so I just filled in a whole lot of songs and tried to burn in Windows XP, thinking that I would get some sort of warning if it was too much.
Well, we say in Holland, you hit the nail right on the head (you must have some sort of expression like this...), I think that is it.

I don't know how to try it in another computer. My old computer upstairs has a burner, but both burners are built-in. I would not know how to remove them. So I must take this computer to the store and have them build in a new burner. Is that difficult? Could I do it myself?

Anyway, thank you for your replies and advice. It is much appreciated.

If you are not confident in opening your case and removing the burner, then this is best left to someone who knows how to do it.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

I agree the burner has crapped out. Happens alot, espically with drives that use the overburn feature. But Cd/RW drives are quite cheap nowadays so that part shouldnt cost you much more then 25-40 USD dpending on brand .(sorry i dont know the currency in holland)

Sean

I would stay with Sony, Samsung, and maybe asus. Ive used either Samsung or SOny in all my PCs and they have worked great. Just stay away from the low end cheap, as there quality is much lower.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back