Little trouble can be big, help pls!

By crash bandit
Feb 28, 2008
  1. Well how can i start my first post, i currently have a dell deminsion 3000 desktop

I am currently running windows xp home edition

My hd is a
    Samsung SP0802N 80 GB 7200 RPM, Ultra ATA/100 hard drive

For some time now i had problems with my audio drive sound was really choppy
    at another forum i was told it could possibly be the ide under device manager
    so i was told to delete the primary and secondary to rebuild, so i went ahead and did that, that did not work.

I was also told that if that did not work to go to run and type in sfc/scannow that would rebuild my drivers that ended out working my audio sounds great,so the day went by i usally run a a virus scan and a spyware scan i currently use nod32 as my anti virus and super antispyware for my spywares while running the antispyware durring the end of the program running i get a popup asking to run a chkdsk so i went ahead and did this while running the chkdsk i get 2 scary things

Under file verfication
    deleting orpahn file record segment 3469

Under verefiying index
    deleting index entry acterror.htm in index $I30 of file 3462

Do not know what just happened while running the chkdsk but i do know it said it was deleting files i might need, just a few min ago before i found this website i went to turn my pc on it went on fine but i see a ballon on my desktop asking to turn on my firewall i always have it on so this was weird now i went ahead to turn it back on i get this error message

"windows firewall setting cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. do you want to start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ics) service?"

When i click yes, i get this messege:
    "windows cannot start the firewall/internet connection sharing (ics) service."

Any help would be great thanks for the time on reading of my post.
  2. crash bandit

crash bandit TS Rookie Topic Starter

I am sorry for posting this in the wrong section mods please move this to the appropriate posts, thank you.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.