Lizard Squad now selling DDoS attacks as a service for as little as $6 a month

1. Lizard Squad, the hacking collective that took credit for the recent Xbox Live and PlayStation Network outage, is now selling the DDoS service they used in the attacks to anyone who is willing to pay for it.

Read more
  2. RustyTech

RustyTech TS Guru Posts: 814   +382

“a huge marketing scheme.”

I wonder what the monetary damage was for those unsolicited "stress tests"?
    I'm willing to bet that these Lizard members are hiding their identity; otherwise, if this is just a large marketing scheme, why hide?
  3. JohnCB

JohnCB TS Booster Posts: 118   +62

You'd have to be an ***** to give these guys your Credit Card or any account information and expect it not to blow up in your face.

Even if they don't abuse your credentials, you're in a world of hurt when these guys are taken down and your account details are handed over to the authorities.
  4. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 735   +259

Can I buy it to use on themselves? lol
  5. Ahmed90

Ahmed90 TS Enthusiast Posts: 99   +10

This kind of service is out there since ever... nothing new here lizards or not you can still get huge power to hit any site you want ...

you can get upto 60Gbps DDOS power for as much as 4$/mo where DDOS protection / mitigation services cost as much as 4000$/mo for 10Gbps ..
  6. Chazz

Chazz TS Evangelist Posts: 668   +72

It says they take Bitcoin only. I think the purpose of Bitcoin atm is for shady things like these since it is supposed to be anonymous.
    TheDreams likes this.
  7. UnknownSky

UnknownSky TS Rookie Posts: 42

I haven't checked into any form of DoS in a great while (maybe 2+ yrs) but I do remember there were tools such as Ion cannons and UDP unicorn which you can then simulate something similar right?
  8. AnonymousSurfer

AnonymousSurfer TS Guru Posts: 451   +37

BitCoin is not just for shady things like this, but people take advantage of BitCoin because your personal information isn't given nor do they receive any of it. The only reason they have this setup is because people aren't willing to give their credit cards, but if no information is passed along with the transaction (like how BitCoin was designed) then people are actually likely to invest money into it.

BTC wasn't designed to do shady stuff, it was designed to be the true international, anonymous, and low-fee banking system. Now whether or not they've accomplished such a task, I'd say probably not yet. But there are many other sites that accept BitCoin so people can sell their items without the high % fees that paypal and other credit card services take out.
  9. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,408   +463

The funny thing is that they offer a "lifetime" package.

Lets bet on when the site is taken down?? I say a couple weeks! "Lifetime" hahahaha!!
  10. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Maniac Posts: 797   +217

Maybe the small print says lifetime of the website and not the persons lifetime.
  11. DontBeStupid

DontBeStupid TS Rookie

Let me guess, you have no clue how BitCoin works do you?
  12. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

I call Entrapment! Feds selling a service and imprisoning anyone that makes a purchase.
  13. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TS Maniac Posts: 933   +240

Maybe not, but they are certainly making themselves a target for every cyber crime department in the world.