Lizard Squad now selling DDoS attacks as a service for as little as $6 a month

Himanshu Arora

Staff

Lizard Squad, the hacking collective that took credit for the recent Xbox Live and PlayStation Network outage, is now selling the DDoS service they used in the attacks to anyone who is willing to pay for it.

Dubbed LizardStresser, the service is available in various packages, ranging from $6 to $500, depending on the length of attack, and allows you to launch DDoS attacks on any website or internet service of your choice.

There's also a referral system, allowing you to earn 10 percent of whatever money your friends spend, and the service offers add-ons as well.

Ironically, the hacking group, which also took the responsibility for Blizzard and PlayStation Network outages last August, is advertising the tool as a stress tester. According to the product's terms of service, "Permission is granted to stress test dedicated servers and networks owned by you. This is the opportunity [sic] to make your firewalls better, not to misuse against the law."

The service currently only accepts Bitcoin, although the group says PayPal support is “coming soon.” According to Gizmodo, the payment system doesn’t work with VPNs, making it difficult for potential users to hide their identity and location.

The launch of LizardStresser also raises questions on the original intent of the hacking collective's actions -- while the group initially claimed that the motivation behind the Christmas attacks was to highlight the security weaknesses of the systems, a Lizard Squad member recently told the Daily Dot that the attacks on Xbox Live and PSN were all “a huge marketing scheme.”

Permalink to story.

“a huge marketing scheme.”

I wonder what the monetary damage was for those unsolicited "stress tests"?
I'm willing to bet that these Lizard members are hiding their identity; otherwise, if this is just a large marketing scheme, why hide?

You'd have to be an ***** to give these guys your Credit Card or any account information and expect it not to blow up in your face.

Even if they don't abuse your credentials, you're in a world of hurt when these guys are taken down and your account details are handed over to the authorities.

This kind of service is out there since ever... nothing new here lizards or not you can still get huge power to hit any site you want ...

you can get upto 60Gbps DDOS power for as much as 4$/mo where DDOS protection / mitigation services cost as much as 4000$/mo for 10Gbps ..

You'd have to be an ***** to give these guys your Credit Card or any account information and expect it not to blow up in your face.

Even if they don't abuse your credentials, you're in a world of hurt when these guys are taken down and your account details are handed over to the authorities.

It says they take Bitcoin only. I think the purpose of Bitcoin atm is for shady things like these since it is supposed to be anonymous.

I haven't checked into any form of DoS in a great while (maybe 2+ yrs) but I do remember there were tools such as Ion cannons and UDP unicorn which you can then simulate something similar right?

It says they take Bitcoin only. I think the purpose of Bitcoin atm is for shady things like these since it is supposed to be anonymous.

BitCoin is not just for shady things like this, but people take advantage of BitCoin because your personal information isn't given nor do they receive any of it. The only reason they have this setup is because people aren't willing to give their credit cards, but if no information is passed along with the transaction (like how BitCoin was designed) then people are actually likely to invest money into it.

BTC wasn't designed to do shady stuff, it was designed to be the true international, anonymous, and low-fee banking system. Now whether or not they've accomplished such a task, I'd say probably not yet. But there are many other sites that accept BitCoin so people can sell their items without the high % fees that paypal and other credit card services take out.

The funny thing is that they offer a "lifetime" package.

Lets bet on when the site is taken down?? I say a couple weeks! "Lifetime" hahahaha!!

The funny thing is that they offer a "lifetime" package.

Lets bet on when the site is taken down?? I say a couple weeks! "Lifetime" hahahaha!!
Maybe the small print says lifetime of the website and not the persons lifetime.

Let me guess, you have no clue how BitCoin works do you?

Back