lo1[1] Virus, HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been receiving this virus from McAffee. I have attached a screen shot of the message I am getting. I have also ran Hijackthis, I am also attaching the log from to this Post. I have ran VundoFix to fix a DLL problem earlier. But not sure which DLL I need to be fixing with this message.

Can someone please inform me on what to do??

Hi kgreer and welcome to techspot. =)

Your system is horribly with malware.
You are also running an outdated version of HijackThis. Please do the following.

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of kgreer only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Log Files

Here is my HJT Log and ComboFix Log. After following the instructions I believe I am doing alright. But can someone look over the HJT log?

Hi,

Your system is far from clean. In fact it is still horribly riddled with malware

You have still not updated your version of HijackThis. Please download the latest version from the link in my signature.

Also, you have not posted your AVG antispyware log, as well as the results of the AVG anti rootkit scan. Please do so in your next reply.

Download The Avenger by Swandog46 from HERE. Save it to your Desktop and extract it but don't run it yet.

Download the attached "avengerscript.txt" (from my attachment) and save it to your desktop.
Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE

Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

Go to start > run and type services.msc. Press the enter key.
Search for the following services. Double click to select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Viewpoint Manager Service

Go to start > Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs.
Remove anything related to the following:

Viewpoint

After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = PROXY.US.ABB.COM:8080
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.abb-control.com;gsds*.udlp.com;*.abb.fi;*.abb-drives.com;*.abb.com;*.abbdtd.com;*.bailey.com;http://*.abb.com;https://*.abb.com;*.sby.ibm.com;*.secintel.ibm.com;*.us.abb.com;fast.serop.abb.se;*.secintel.ibm.com;secintel.ibm.com;*.us.abb.com;us.abb.com;w3*.ibm.com;w3.ibm.com;www.vetco.com;10.*.*.*;129.39.234.*;130.110.*.*;137.133.224.15;138.*.*.*;172.20.173.*;172.28.*.*;193.45.16.*;193.45.27.*;198.113.*.*;167.105.*.*;<local>

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - {A7327C09-B521-4EDB-8509-7D2660C9EC98} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar V35\ViewBarBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Viewpoint Toolbar - {F8AD5AA5-D966-4667-9DAF-2561D68B2012} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar V35\ViewBar.dll

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: BTTray.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: McAfee Desktop Firewall Tray.lnk = ?

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Viewpoint Search - res://C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar V35\ViewBar.dll/CXTSEARCH.HTML
O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\PartyPoker.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\PartyPoker.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker.net\partypokernet.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker.net\partypokernet.exe (file missing)

O16 - DPF: JavaConnect - file://C:\temp\WrapGLF17\JavaConnect.cab
O16 - DPF: Sametime BroadCast Client ST30IF3 - file://C:\temp\WrapGLF17\STBroadCastClient.cab
O16 - DPF: Sametime Directory Applet ST30SP1 - file://C:\temp\WrapGLF17\STDirectoryApplet.cab
O16 - DPF: Sametime Meeting Room Client ST30IF3 - file://C:\temp\WrapGLF17\STMeetingRoomClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {03F998B2-0E00-11D3-A498-00104B6EB52E} (MetaStreamCtl Class) - https://components.viewpoint.com/MT...ehicles/2006/sequoia/key_features/ext360.html
O16 - DPF: {24CEC0BF-C8BC-4bcb-B804-226326B319EF} (JNILoader Control) - file://C:\temp\WrapGLF17\STJNILoader.cab
O16 - DPF: {2A79EC2D-F7C0-11D4-A1C6-00B0D04B036D} (Clear.ClearIt) - http://abbatwork/OfflineOrders/ClearIt.CAB

O16 - DPF: {960B04CD-57D5-4FFA-B650-3086EDCE2798} (PrintLabel.PrintLPT1) - file:///Z:/PrintOCX/Package/PrintLabel.CAB
O16 - DPF: {A25BE7A9-3102-46B4-BAAE-462471B60ACB} (STConnectivityAgent Control) - file://C:\temp\WrapGLF17\InstallSTConnAgent.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3CBFE35-9BE8-11D1-B31B-006008948294} (OrgPublisher PluginX) - http://www.timevision.com/codebase30/OrgPubX.cab

Fix all O17 entries.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winxib32 - winxib32.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: BBDistHandler - Unknown owner - %SystemDrive%\MAINT\sid\DISTH\DISTH.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: iSeries Access for Windows Remote Command (Cwbrxd) - IBM Corporation - C:\WINNT\CWBRXD.EXE
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

Close HJT.

Now, start The Avenger program by double clicking on its icon on your desktop.

Under "Script file to execute" choose "Load script from file".
Now click on the folder icon which will open a new window titled "open Script File"
navigate to the attachment avengerscript.txt you have just downloaded, click on it and press open.
Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

The Avenger will automatically do the following:

It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as well as c:\avenger.txt attachments into this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of kgreer only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back