Load More Reviews broken again

Hi,

Posted back in March about the Load More Reviews button on the bottom of an item page in the Product Finder section being broken.

It seems to be broken again, as it just scrolls halfway up the page every time you click it and loads no new reviews.

You mean in the forums? We changed the title color from blue to black, and removed the bold letters however the "dot" indicator at the side of the thread title is still there. Am I missing something?

https://www.techspot.com/community/find-new/threads/

I could visit a thread, backup, and see where I have been. I can no longer do that, everything is black. And there is no other indicators for visited threads. The visited links were color coded. I don't expect you to change it back. I do want you to know I'm not happy about it, but I'll manage somehow. Maybe I'll just have to keep a mental note. Which is why it was made so much easier to navigate all those years ago with color codes.

I don't recall links being color coded before when visited, but regardless I've taken your feedback and here's an improved solution... any better? :)

@HeresJohnny the "load more reviews" functionality is now fixed. Turns out I broke that recently when optimizing our JS library :eek: Thanks again for reporting the bug!

Not sure if this is the right place - load comments is broken for me in the Windows.old article you penned. Went so far as to allow all scripts in NoScript, still no load. 7 comments 'listed', so non-universal, obviously.

Also, where is the Ignore User button? Is that script dependent as well?

Not sure if this is the right place - load comments is broken for me in the Windows.old article you penned. Went so far as to allow all scripts in NoScript, still no load. 7 comments 'listed', so non-universal, obviously.

Also, where is the Ignore User button? Is that script dependent as well?
Partially fixed (for now) I'll add this bug to our development to-do.

One last thing - Occasionally, email when new replies seems to get checked 'by accident' and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to fix that. Unwatch works, but I don't want to do that, just 'fix' the email option. I realize this is OT, but rather than start a new topic, thot I'd ask..
Thanks Julio and Cliff!

After entering a comment, two check-boxes appear below the comment area, 'watch this topic' and 'receive emails'. As I don't need the email updates, I uncheck the second box (which auto-checks itself when you choose watch topic). Occasionally I must miss or do it wrong, as I get the emails.
My question is that After that occurs, there seems to be no way to 'turn off' email notification - I am now following this thread, and don't want the email alerts - figured I just 'missed' how to do it, or maybe it could be added.
clear as mud, no doubt (cannot screenshot Here, as the follow topic AND email alert has already been selected, no check boxes appear).
Thanks!

So, we've found another bug. When you select to watch a topic/email you a notification, if you prefer any of the checkbox combinations, it's supposed to save a cookie with that preference for the next time you post. But right now it's not doing it.

In the meantime, try this. Go here:
https://www.techspot.com/community/account/preferences

Then set up your global preferences:

Browsing Preferences - TechSpot Forums 2016-08-06 15-23-54.png

Back again - two questions:

If a user blocks their profile, they cannot be ignored, is this intentional?

Is there a way to force all my reading to take place in forum mode so that I don't need to scroll to the bottom to jump to forum mode for each article? (I hope there is no limit to number of ignored like my stupid phone, LOL) Alternatively, if Ignore worked in main, no need to be in forum mode for its inestimable value in bypassing repeadiots
Thanks!

Last edited:
Back