Local Area Connection Unplugged Blinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys

I have had this problem for about One year now where my Local Area Connection disconnects randomly and i receive a little pop up saying "Local Area Connection Unplugged". The dissconection only lasts one or two second then my internet is back and also it only happens once or twice every hour or sometimes does not happen for 5 hours or even a whole day. My router is D-link. Do you guys think that this problem has something to do with the router or could it be my computer or both?

It could be bad network cable, bad network interface or just your ethernet chip and the router's ethernet chip not liking each other.

First, try setting the link speed and duplex manually to 100Mbit full duplex in your network card properties. Ethernet speed autonegotiation is not perfect and often breaks. If that doesn't help, replace your network cable.

Okay thx ill try that.. MAY i add that I have 4 computers in the network and ALL of them Disconnect at the EXACT same TIme when it happens some are wireless some are with Cables.

yep, you're either
a) loosing the connection to the ISP (try the keep-alive)
b) your modem or router is being reset, in which case you should look
for firmware updates to BOTH.

When updating firmware, be sure you use a wired connection to the router.

Hmm.. It's another matter with many computers.

A router cannot reset in "one or two seconds", so it's some kind of a bug or a hardware issue. A firmware update is a must and you should consider replacing the router.

Could be power issues too.. Maybe replace the AC adapter or try an UPS with the router?

my thought was a half-baked release/renew cycle -- the release is easy, but
some have problems with the renew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back