Local area connection unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I hope this is where i am supposed to post this...

I work from home on a computer that is directly connected to our satelite internet and from that point there is a D-Link wbr 2310 wireless router connected to my computer in order for us to run our second computer in the other room.
I most often will get a bubble that comes up on my computer that states "local area connection unplugged". This happens when the other computer is on OR off. Could this be caused from the wireless router? When i am working i also use a VOIP program that i log into. This does not happen every time but on some days it will happen 2-3 times. The disconnection is not for very long but it will kick me out of my VOIP program and make me reconnect.

Can someone please help with this??

Is it possible to run a day without the router....just for process of elimination? I'm not familiar with satellite myself, so I probably won't be a lot of help, but eliminating things one at a time is usually a help.

You use Voice Over IP are you using another router for VOIP? When last did you upgrad the firmware for the D-link WBR2310. It might help? Check the logs of the router and see why it's dropping the connections also.

thanks

Thank you for the suggestions. And no i don't use a router for VOIP. the router is simply for the second pc to use the internet connection when necessary. For my voip is just log into a program on the internet.
I will try your suggestions though and see if it helps

thanks again

If you still get thoe dropping connections then something is wrong with the router. If you see this happening on all the PCs in your network. The router should be replaced or try Network Magic (only if you are not using Vista) but XP.

Hi. This might be a silly question, but do BOTH your computers lose their network connection at the same time? If only one drops out, then I would check the NIC in that machine first. Is your network encrypted and password protected? If not then you may have an intruder being silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back