Local Area Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
My damn computer (as i'm typing) says in a pop up in the lower right corner Local Area Connection - "A network cable unplugged" for a sec and goes away and it's slowing down my computer ! Whats the cause of this?

A few things can cause this. They include:
  • Poor connection between your NIC and the cable.
  • Poor connection between the cable and the hub/router/switch/modem.
  • Faulty cable.
  • Faulty NIC.
  • Faulty hub/router/switch/modem.

My suggestion is to make sure its properly pushed in on both ends, and if it continues get another cable.

I have moved this thread from Distributed Computing to Storage and Networking, please post threads in the proper forum in the future.

SNGX1275 said:
A few things can cause this. They include:
  • Poor connection between your NIC and the cable.
  • Poor connection between the cable and the hub/router/switch/modem.
  • Faulty cable.
  • Faulty NIC.
  • Faulty hub/router/switch/modem.

My suggestion is to make sure its properly pushed in on both ends, and if it continues get another cable.

I have moved this thread from Distributed Computing to Storage and Networking, please post threads in the proper forum in the future.
Thanks i changed the cables ,router is new and no probs with that ! What else? I didn't know where "troubleshooting " was and didn't think it would be called storage an networking ! I said i'm a newbie ! :)

You still haven't ruled out a faulty NIC. Might want to play around with the NIC speed/duplex settings too.

Do you have any kind of hogging programs installed? That includes Bulky (TM) firewalls (Symantec), VPN software, packet filtering software, misconfigured P2P software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back