Location Of Soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a real newbie at computers.
Where in my computer settings may I find the brand of my sound card? and where can i download the correct sound driver for my soundcard
(note: i have winxp pro)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and read my post. You will notice a link to the free Everest programme. Download and run the programme, it will give you lots of info about your system.

If it turns out that you have onboard sound, then you can get the sound drivers from your mobo manufacturers website.

If you have a seperate soundcard, then you will need to go to the soundcard manufacturers website to get the drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Your sound card is here!

Click START, right-click My Computer and click Manage. The computer management window will appear. In the left pane click Device Manager. The devices on your computer will be listed on the right. In that click the plus sign next to Sound,Video and Game Controllers. You will find your sound card listed below it.

If it's an onboard sound card the best driver for it will be available on the CD that came with the motherboard. If you don't have the CD with you you may download it from the motherboard manufacturer's web site or you may try to find a driver at www.driverguide.com.

(Note: If you have set user profiles on your computer you may need to log in as an administrator or a member of administrators group to get access to Computer Management).

Vinod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back