Location of the 24C02 chip on a Dell D620 please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
25p80vg

I have had feedback from several users that Dell has switched to a 25P80VG EEProm Chip on the D*20 series(or at least some of them) No one has had any positive results from shorting it. Sorry.

Paragon33 said:
I have had feedback from several users that Dell has switched to a 25P80VG EEProm Chip on the D*20 series(or at least some of them) No one has had any positive results from shorting it. Sorry.

that is the number of eeprom 25P80VG ?

because i want to search him and reset :)

d620 IS THE TOUGHEST IN TERMS OF THIS BIOS PROTECTION TO GET RID OF..

One should have to either buy the master password for D620 or nothing... as clip/shorting is not for this model plus no software to run on this system to get rid of the bios problem...

this is my solution so far... I am still looking for any cheap method rather then spend £50 to get the password....
but couldn't find anyone yet to help with this issue of latitude D620

HELP WILL BE LIKE ALWAYS MUCH APPRICIATED FOR US POOR COMMUNITY WHO CAN'tT BUY of the retailerz price and look for any cheap method to enjoy technology..

d620 IS THE TOUGHEST IN TERMS OF THIS BIOS PROTECTION TO GET RID OF..

One should have to either buy the master password for D620 or nothing... as clip/shorting is not for this model plus no software to run on this system to get rid of the bios problem...

this is my solution so far... I am still looking for any cheap method rather then spend £50 to get the password....
but couldn't find anyone yet to help with this issue of latitude D620

HELP WILL BE LIKE ALWAYS MUCH APPRICIATED FOR US POOR COMMUNITY WHO CAN'tT BUY of the retailerz price and look for any cheap method to enjoy technology..

I know of no other way to get through the Password on the D620. It uses a
25P80?? chip which does not respond to shorting.

This chip on D620 to my knowledge holds the BIOS info also and shorting it may /damage/disable ur motherboard booting capability,,, so in D620 get/buy password from reputed connection rather then endup with motherboard fault aswell.

But still hoping to get an answer here....... which would be of great help for 100s of us... cheers

Paragon33,
Someone quoted you saying that in some Inspiron models you can take the CMOS battery out and leave it overnight to reset the password. I did that and I was wondering if I need to leave the battery out forever or can I put it back? I figure without it, (if the reset works) I wont be able to make any changes to the BIOS. Please let me know anything you can about it.

Thank you,

Sword2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back