TechSpot

LOCERROR trying to open my BF2 account

By k.jacko
Oct 30, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

i picked up BF2 again after last playing it in july. At first it came up with a LOCERROR and couldn't find my account. So i hit 'retrieve my account' and got it sorted. I played it online and all was fine.
    The following day i created a new BF2 account for each of my kids whilst logged in to their own xp pro user account (limited) on the same pc.
    When i went back to my admin user account i got the LOCERROR again, so again i retreived my account and had to change all my settings. Upon exiting the game and restarting it, again it came up with LOCERROR and once again i retreived the account, but all the settings had defaulted back again.
    Now, i'm sure you all know what a ball ache it is to configure your keys for BF2. There's no way i'm doing that everytime i wanna play.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on? and why its not retaining my account configs? Once retrieved if i go into BFHQ it correctly shows my username and stats (i have all unlocks). If i go into 'Account Management' it doesn't show any account
    Yet if i log into one of the kids windows accounts and boot up BF2 it finds their newly created account without problem.

Help please, i don't know what to do short of reinstalling. Please, no suggestions of creating a new account, i've had this game since day one, and have built up to where i am ever since then with all weapon unlocks. I aint starting from scratch again.

Having said that, all advice is welcomed and appreciated.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.