Locked out of task manager and Desktop-Virus Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently acquired several not so nice viruses that appear to have locked me out of my desktop as well as my task manager. My desktop had a white box over it that if dragged revealed an 'x' in the upper right hand corner that I could then close it with. Before closing this I was locked from the properties of my desktop. Afterwards I could then get into them. Additionally my task manager was locked but I ran a regedit dealie from the microsoft website which made it become available. Before I was getting the message "Task Manager has been disable by your administrator." While I am able to get into my desktop and task manager now I believe I still have viruses on my computer. I have run the latest Norton and McAfee and they brought up viruses that were deleted but then still have the issues and now are not recognized by the same scans. Here is my Hijack This log, any help would be much appreciated:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

I feel that may be your viruses are not all gone and there may be more. Download and install Antivir Personal edition antivirus from http://www.free-av.com/. It is free and usually detects a lot more viruses than others.

All your problems may not be due to viruses. So it is highly recomemned that you download and istall an antispyware. In my opnion, Microsoft Antispyware is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back