Locked Seagate hdd st9120823as

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a problem i can't find a aswere to anywhere, i tried hdd unlocker (no support for this model), A-ff repair station (said it was locked, and no support for that drive either{waisted money}) the drive is from a Hell, i mean Dell laptop. i bypassed the admin pass and the secondary pass on laptop for my friend, but i get a grey screen of death.... i have the hdd in my computer now trying to see if i can unlock it. i know the password is on the memory of the hdd and there is no 3rd party enkryption, was looking to see if i can some how flash the drive back to the oem spect if that would work.... but no firmware could be found at seagate website. if anyone here has any ideas let me know ( i did see a cool tool (black box) for 995.00pds on a europien website that claims can unlock any drive). if i could format the drive and re install xp on it it will be good also ( tried paragon, and a few others, even tried EnCase on this with no luck.... i'm running out of software in my collection( all my forensics software doen't work.... some has no updates from 2005)

No fix is possible except by replacing the hardware of the drive... your data is gone unless you can afford a professional recovery. If you have access to a clean room, you can remove parts from a known good drive, and replace the ones on that drive... but they must be identical. This job is not for the weak of heart.
What would be the value of a password, if we could get a fix here at TechSpot?
There are hardware services that do an excellent job, but the good ones start at $400 and rapidly go up from there.
Luckily, hard drives are now cheap... and someday the lost data will be unimportant.

i'm trying a program called Victoria 4.0 to see if i can unlock it so i can format it.....the program is in Russian (i'm a little rusty on it but i think i got the primary functions down) the value of a password would either be = to or >l.t. the price of a hard drive to replace it. i don't care about the info on the drive ( i'm doing the work for free as for a favor in the future) My friend couldn't afford what i charge to do stuff, but this hdd is the first one i'm having trouble to unlock. with the password setting on "high" the drive is not using a 3rd party encryption program, it has a pwd file on the eprom memory. now if i could gain acsess to the bootloader or flash i might be able to fix it, but without a "program" well you are limited on what u can do, now if there was some firmware i could fix up some code to over write the psd file and call that a fix and post it on the internet for free... do u know anyone with a bootloader, or firmware from a oem or non passworded disk drive? i have been hitting the old keybord and mouse for 30+ hours on this issue..... if there is a will, then there must be a way! ..... i tried using my dod decryptor on this drive (dam windows based) and it can't find it but it is found in the bios and windows system( just not activated or unknown device). i'm just throwing some ideas in the mix to see if any of them could be a applied solution.... your help is greatfull!!!

You might get lucky, though I doubt it. Even if you can do one, you will not be able to do the next, as there are built in protectsions against that as well.
You are not saying there is a a eprom on the hard drive, are you? You are not pretending to be an eeprom programmer, are you?

You use a lot of buzzwords, but I do not see you headed in the right direction to accomplish this bust.

30 hours can only be "hit or miss"... You need to be an experienced EEPROM programmer, then also be skilled in password technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back