Log Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've been lurking around TechSpot for a while, and I must say, Howard is amazing, as well as his contributions to the community!

My computer is somewhat old and I'm looking to transfer ownership to my sibling, but wanted to make sure it didn't have any nasty or unwanted things attached to it! To be honest I haven't maintained this computer well and wouldn't be surprised (ran 3 virus scans- Avg, Trendmicro, and Kaspersky- the first two didn't find anything but Kaspersky found a few infections that could not be fixed at the time, odd)...Anyhow, I followed the above directions as well as I could (it's 2 am here, not my best hour for productivity!) and have attached a HJT log. Any help is appreciated!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Thanks for the compliment lol.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ViewMgr.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\windows\system32\blank.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

O21 - SSODL: aWuLfOGJD - {784B6682-D2E1-CC28-66D3-1AA485BBB613} - C:\WINNT\system32\gftddd.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

Reboot into normal mode.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Cubix only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back