"Log on to Windows" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings.

A friend reformatted my daughter's pc and now every time she starts Windows she gets a small rectangular screen that reads, "Log on to Windows." Her Username is written there but the Password is blank. However, no password works--"System cannot log on"--but if we simply press "Enter" without writing in a password, the system functions and Windows boots up.

What I'd like to do is to not have to "Log on to Windows" every time the computer is restarted. Can you help me solve this problem?

In advance, THANKS!!!

Joe

You can click Start>>Run....

The type in 'control userpasswords2'

The untick Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer

It will ask you for the name and password, just type it in and hit okay.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Thanks but there's now a new problem

Thank you for helping me with my problem, but a new problem popped up to replace that one.

I did as you intstructed-- I went to control userpasswords2 and unticked the box--and you are right--we no longer have to fill in the password login, but now, instead,
we get a screen that reads as follows:

"Select NetWare Logon

Then a box is checked that reads, "Preferred Server"; and then, where I guess I'm supposed to identify a "Preffered Server," is the word "None"

Below that are the words "Default Tree and Content" and below that is an area for identifying a "Tree" and "Content"

Below all that is one more line: "Run Login Script

I have no idea what any of this means. Can you help us?

Thanks,
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back