Logging into TS from home PC.

DLx/P

Last night at home, for the first time, I tried to log into tech spot. I logged in fine, no problems. But if I tried to post reply or start a new thread. I got a screen that said I was not logged in.

I normally log into TS from work. But lastnight it was acting like I had to re-register. Whats up?

When I "logged out" last night. The usual screen saying "all cookies have been cleared", or something like that popped up. Same as it does at work when I log off.

I hear you DLx/P there is some underlying cookie problem here that everyone overlooks, I have seen it too my friend. Good luck having it looked in to though :)

If it's a different PC which you have never used for browsing/posting on the forums, shouldn't you start by logging in with your user/password? Or perhaps I should have assumed you did from your first post, I had to ask anyway.

Julio, I logged in (from home) just as I normally would here at work. It even showed my ID as currently on line. Everything was normal until I tried to make a post. Thats when it told me that I was either not logged in. Or I didn't have access to the particular page. Then it took me to the new member register page.

This has happened to me too sometimes. I investigated this and found out logging out leaves four cookies from TS. If you can, try deleting those too if you can. Then log in again.

I would have thought "all cookies cleared" means all cookies cleared or deleted, but no. Cookies named bbuserid, bbthreadview, sessionhash and ASLTRG remain and they're not empty.

Nice find mict. All that would need is simple batch file program to delete those without seraching for them every time. If that was your only option of getting rid of them of course.

Finally dawned on me tonight! I was using AOhell's browser when I was having these problems. I went to TS through IE. Now I can post without any problems. So it was AOL all along.

amen

:grinthumb
hey, mic ..........do they remain, depending on os?.........i seem to clear every cookie............and, i do not seem to have any stragglers....yet, i do have these same issues on occasion........ like yesterday, for example

I am getting the same problem at work. I log in and the next instant it says I'm not logged in. Manually deleting the cookies helps, but only for a while. Using IE equivalent.

Can't log in to other forums using vB either. Forums using link based logins work ok..

I am blaming the proxy serevr for doing nasty things with cookies :p

Back